It does not matter if you own a business that is a large conglomerate or just a sole-trader, if you do not give excellent customer service, your company will ever fail. The personal touch promotes a business better than an expensive advertising campaign.
Commonsense should tell you that a client has received excellent customer service then the customer will give the company valuable advertising by referring other people or companies to your business. People always remember who took care of their personal needs as well as providing them with the goods or services they needed for either personal use or business use.
My personal thoughts are that presentation, pride and the ability to listen to the customer to ascertain whatever goods or services are vital in today's current economic climate.
Try to go that extra mile by suggesting services that you could provide that would be more beneficial or would complement the goods and services that the customer could benefit from as well as any special offers that you will have by combining a comprehensive package of goods and services .
This will make the customer feel as if you are caring about them and you are providing quality customer service that is personal to their needs and not just going through the motors. This will prove to be winning combinations in helping a business thrive.
For that vital ingredient for customer service, check these suggestions out.
1. Think of yourself as a client in whatever goods or service the client receives. How would you like to be treated?
2. Would you like to have someone friendly and professional on the other end of the phone?
3. This sounds a little crazy but it works for me, the business course I attended at college, I advised by my tutor to always smile when answering the phone, because as you smile your mood changes and it reflects in the conversation you are having . There is nothing worse than a person who is half-interested in listening to what you have to say.
4. Do not interrupt the client when they are requesting the goods or services they require. If you make a suggestion try waiting at the end of the customer, 's request and then show them an alternative.
5. Make a note of the customer's name, the company they represent, contact details and details of the customer's order, date and time of the conversation and check by repeating the information that you received back to the customer to make sure you have the details Right about what the customer needs.
6. Never, use the client's first name unless they give you permission to do so, as it is very unprofessional and considered bad manners.
7. It is very important not to make promises you can not keep. Always remember honesty is the best policy. Clients remember when people have a fundamental flaw; They remember when people break promises. Customers rather know the proper timescale in receiving the goods they require.
8. Everyone talks in business and they do tell others about individuals or companies who let them down by poor customer service as well as those who did give them that vital ingredient customer service that does an impact on the number of people who are willing to take A chance on your company. So it is essential you listen and get things right.
9. Unavoidable delays that do occur where you can not supply the goods or services contact the client immediately. Again, be honest about the time in which you can deliver what you have promised in the beginning. When you can provide the service, you could even give a little discount for the inconvenience that may smooth things over.
10. If you require something from the client, always use the words please and do not ever demand or try to bully. Remember everyone has problems from time to time, so try to accommodate the customer as much as possible.
11. From time to time, things do go wrong, goods can become faulty, or there maybe misunderstandings as to what service a customer requires. Try to be patient, listen, and then try to offer solutions to the problem.
12. If they are no solutions, try offer a full refund right away and then give them a name and address of an alternative company who could help them so that it will have less impact on your company.
13. Manners and presentation are everything. Please and thank you do not cost anything and they can be very effective in persuading employees and collections to help fulfill the client's request.
14. No one likes anyone who claims or bullies in order to get what they want, if you treat your customers, employees or colleges with respect, in return respect maybe given back to you. If you are pleasant and treat people nicely, they tend to try to help as much as they can. However, if you are rude and demanding people tend to think less of you and make you wait longer or do their best not to fulfill your need to fulfill your customer's request.
15. Be fair with your employee's or colleges, if they do need time off for personal reasons, try to do your best to fulfill their request and if you can not make sure, you show them the reason why if they take that time off. Otherwise, the employee may think you are being cruel. Then when you may need your employee or colleague help by them working overtime, they may refuse and this could affect a very important order in the future.
16. When colleges or employees do good work, try to praise them about the work that they have done so that they can feel good about themselves.
17. However, should a college or employee make a mistake, do not shout at the person in public, and humiliate them, so that everyone can listen. Instead, take the college or the employee to one side, explain that you feel that they have made a mistake, listened to them, and see if you show them the correct way of dealing with the situation. That way the person will not feel humiliated and feel that they would like payback for the way in which they were treated.
17. It might be after you speaking to your college or employee, that you have made a mistake, own up to the mistake and apologise immediately, people do respect other people who are willing to admit they are wrong from time to time.
18. Above all, put the needs of the customer, employee's or clients before your own, however, you do have to careful not to take on too much otherwise you will burn out very easy and become very resentful because you are very tired.
19. Do not try to overcharge, have a good look around, and find out how much the item or service is going around the market place, and then make a reasonable offer, customers hate the feeling of being ripped off for a service that They could have got for half the price elsewhere and up to the same quality standards.
20. If you have a bad experience with a difficult customer, do not pick up the phone in a bad mood. If possible get someone else to take the call and take a little break by having a coffee and chill out for a couple of minutes if you can, and allow your staff to do the same before dealing with other customers.